CLIA Laboratory Technologists
Genetron Health is a leading and fast-growing precision oncology company that is committed to providing a one-stop, multi-scenario genomic profiling solutions in areas including early cancer screening, diagnosis and monitoring as well as biopharmaceutical services. It has successfully developed seven NMPA-approved clinical sequencing platforms and gene assays. Partnering over 500 hospitals along with several pharmaceutical companies and research institutions, Genetron Health has built an extensive proprietary genomic database to deliver comprehensive genomic testing services. In China, the company has one R&D center, two manufacturing facilities and five clinical laboratories in Beijing (CLIA-certified and CAP-accredited), Shanghai, Hangzhou, Chongqing and Guangzhou. Its world-class team of scientists has also published many research papers in prestigious scientific journals worldwide.
The company is opening a new R&D center and a CLIA lab in Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA with the following exciting opportunities. Genetron Health Inc offers a family friend work environment, competitive compensation package including paid leave, health/dental insurance, 401(k) with company matching contribution, and annual cash/stock incentive awards. Genetron Health Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The CLIA Laboratory Technologist provides accurate and timely testing and results for use in the diagnosis and treatment of disease. A deep understanding of testing principles, Quality Control, and teamwork are essential. A positive and professional interpersonal behavior with a strong commitment to the team effort is mandatory.
• Performs testing consistently according to established standard operating procedures as described in procedure manuals, quality control specifications and workflow guidelines
• Responsible for the completion of any special projects, process improvements or new method introduction at the request of the supervisor
• Ensures that all workflow processes are completed within acceptable time frames. Monitors TAT report to ensure timely reporting of the results
• Responsible for the maintenance and organization of all documentation generated by the laboratory or by instrumentation such as QC, calibrations, etc
• Responsible for all equipment in assigned areas of work
• Performs processing, result entry, and quality control for all specimens
• Independently perform diagnostic testing with accuracy, precision, and efficiency following established SOPs. Report diagnostic data in compliance with policies, SOPs, and turn-around-time schedules
• Perform and document all routine and periodic maintenance according to instrument guidelines and established SOP's
• Monitor/evaluate temperature dependent equipment. Document any problems on a QC deviation form and ensure follow-up to rectify the issue
• Be able to recognize instrument malfunction and notify supervisor
• Communicate all problems, instrument malfunctions, etc. to supervisor
• Adjusts work assignments to meet the needs of the section/laboratory, when instruments are down, reduced staffing or workload
• Perform, monitor, and maintain daily QC, QA, all appropriate maintenance log sheets, discrepancy logs, and maintenance records
• Daily checking of Quality Control from other areas where trained
• Document the following: temperature dependent equipment on Temperature QC log sheets, document equipment maintenance log sheets, discrepancy logs, calibration logs, and general work performance logs.
• Assumes other duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor or Master Degree in a biological or physical science field from an accredited university. ASCP qualifications or equivalent preferred.